Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong West Cluster
Table HKW-2. Antibiogram for blood isolates, HKW, 2021
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens. Interpreted according to CLSI M100-S28 2021. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate & resistant.
- Results for Enterobacteriaceae were interpreted according to CLSI M100-S28 2021. A total of 40 sporadic carbspenemase - producing Enterobacteriaceae (CPE) isolates were detected in 36 patients. The specimen sources include blood (n=9), respiratory (n=5) and urine (n=26). The 40 isolates produce NDM (n=26), OXA-48(n=7) and KPC (n=7) type of carbapenemases.
- Ho PL Int J Antimicrob Agents 2010;36:469 and J Hosp Infect 2010;74:358
- Overall prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 22% for Klebsiella species, 28% for E. coli. ESBL-producing strains should be interpreted as resistant to all penicillins, cephalosporins and aztreonam.
- In S. pneumoniae, resistance to azithromycin & clarithromycin can be predicted by testing erythromycin (CLSI M100-S28 2021).
- Most had other risk factor such as past hospitalization and nursing home residence.
- Ho PL J Antimicrob Chemo 2009;63:836
- According to breakpoint for parenteral cefuroxime sodium.
- Urine isolates only.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in resistance rate compared to 2020.
, indicate ≥10% increase inresistance rate compared to 2020.
- The figure refers to ACB complex including Acinetobacter baumannii, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Acinetobacter nosocomialis and Acinetobacter pitti.
- Combined data from 2020(17) and 2021(22)
* Including MIC ≤ 0.06 (30.8%), MIC 0.09-1 (46.2%), MIC 1.5-2 (15.4%), MIC 3-6 (5.1%), MIC 8 (2.6%)
% Penicllin sensitive: meningitis breakpoint at MIC ≤0.06 = 30.8% and non-meningitis breakpoint at MIC≤2 = 92.3%
Abbreviation: Amp, Ampicillin; Amo, Amoxicillin; Pip, Pipercillin; Tic, Ticaraillin; Cef, Cefoperazone