Hong Kong West Cluster
Table HKW-1. Antibiogram for all isolates, HKW, 2017
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens. Interpreted according to CLSI. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate & resistant.
- Results for Enterobacteriaceae were interpreted according to CLSI M100-S20.
- HoPL Int J Antimicrob Agents 2010;36:469 and J Hosp Infect 2010;74:358
- Overall prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 22% for Klebsiella species, 28% for E. coli. ESBL-producing strains should be interpreted as resistant to all penicillins, cephalosporins and aztreonam.
- In S. pneumoniae, resistance to azrithromycin & clarithromycin can be predicted by testing erythromycin (CLSI M100-S20).
- Most had other risk factor such as past hospitalization and nursing home residence.
- Test performed on non-urine isolates only.
- HoPL J Antimicrob Chemo 2009;63:836
- According to breakpoint for parenteral cefuroxime sodium.
- Urine isolates only.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in resistance rate compared to 2016.
, indicate ≥10% increase in resistance rate compared to 2016.
- The figure refers to ACB complex including Acinetobacter baumannii, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Acinetobacter nosocomialis and Acinetobacter pitti.
* Including MIC ≤ 0.06 (39.4%), MIC 0.09-1 (31.7%), MIC 1.5-2 (21.8%), MIC 3-6 (7.09%)
%Penicllin sensitive: meningitis breakpoint at MIC ≤0.06 = 39.4% and non-meningitis breakpoint at MIC≤2 = 93.0%
* Abbreviation: Amp, Ampicillin; Amo, Amoxicillin Pip, Pipercillin; Tic, Ticaraillin; Cef, Cefoperazone