Hong Kong West Cluster
Table HKW-1. Antibiogram for all isolates, HKW, 2018
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens. Interpreted according to CLSI M100-S28 2018. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate & resistant.
- Results for Enterobacteriaceae were interpreted according to CLSI M100-S28 2018. A total of 45 sporadic carbspenemase - producing Enterobacteriaceae (CPE) were detected in blood (n=5), respiratory (n=11) and urine (n-29) specimens from 33 patients in diverse locations. The eniyme types included NDM (n=28), OXA-48(n-16) and KPC (n=1)
- HoPL Int J Antimicrob Agents 2010;36:469 and J Hosp Infect 2010;74:358
- Overall prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 26% for Klebsiella species, 29% for E. coli. ESBL-producing strains should be interpreted as resistant to all penicillins, cephalosporins and aztreonam.
- In S. pneumoniae, resistance to azithromycin and clarithromycin can be predicted by testing erythromycin (CLSI M100-S28 2018).
- Most had other risk factor such as past hospitalization and nursing home residence.
- HoPL J Antimicrob Chemo 2009;63:836
- According to breakpoint for parenteral cefuroxime sodium.
- Urine isolates only.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in resistance rate compared to 2017.
, indicate ≥10% increase in resistance rate compared to 2017.
- The figure refers to ACB complex including Acinetobacter baumannii, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Acinetobacter nosocomialis and Acinetobacter pitti.
* Including MIC ≤ 0.06 (47.1%), MIC 0.09-1 (24.0%), MIC 1.5-2 (26.9%), MIC 3-6 (1.9%)
% Penicllin sensitive: meningitis breakpoint at MIC ≤0.06 = 47.1% and non-meningitis breakpoint at MIC≤2 = 98.1%
Abbreviation: Amp, Ampicillin; Amo, Amoxicillin; Pip, Pipercillin; Tic, Ticaraillin; Cef, Cefoperazone