Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong East Cluster
Table HKE-2. Antibiogram for isolates from ICU, Hong Kong East Cluster Hospitals, 2020
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens. Interpreted according to CLSI. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate and resistant.
- Overall prevalence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 31% for E. coli, 18% for Klebsiella species,
NB : For severe infection caused by ESBL-producing organisms, ERTAPENEM, IMIPENEM and MEROPENEM are drug of choice for treatment
- Nitrofurantoin: Susceptibility rate in urine isolates only.
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococci are resistant to all available beta-lactam antibiotics in PYNEH drug formulary, except CEFTAROLINE.
- GENTAMICIN is used only in combination with other active agents that test susceptible for staphylococcal infection.
- Enterococcus species: In general, susceptibility to AMPICILLIN can be used to perdict susceptibility to these antibiotics:
, indicate 10% or more reduction in nonsusceptible rate compared to 2019.
, indicate 10% or more increase in nonsusceptible rate compared to 2019.