Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong East Cluster
Table HKE-2. Antibiogram for isolates from ICU, Hong Kong East Cluster Hospitals, 2017
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens. Interpreted according to CLSI. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate and resistant.
- Overall prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 29% for E. coli, 13% for Klebsiella species,
NB : For severe infection caused by ESBL-producing organisms, ERTAPENEM, IMIPENEM and MEROPENEM are drug of choice for treatment
- Nitrofurantoin: Susceptibility rate in urine isolates only.
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococci are resistant to all available beta-lactam antibiotics in PYNEH drug formulary, except CEFTAROLINE.
- GENTAMICIN is used only in combination with other active agents that test susceptible for staphylococcal infection.
- Enterococcus species: In general, susceptibility to AMPICILLIN can be used to perdict susceptibility to these antibiotics:
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia : The CLSI testing method has no agreed antibiotic zone size for Ceftazidime and Ticarcillin + clavulanate, the results therefore should be regarded as tentative.