Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong West Cluster
Table HKW-3. Antibiogram for isolates from ICU and HDU, HKW, 2021
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens from intensive care units and high dependency units. Interpreted according to CLSI M100-S28 2021. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate and resistant.
- Results for Enterobacteriaceae were interpreted according to CLSI M100-S28 2021.
- Prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 21% for Klebsiella species, 36% for E.coli. ESBL-producing strains should be interpreted as resistant to all penicillins, cephalosporins and aztreonam.
- According to breakpoint for parenteral cefuroxime sodium.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in resistance rate compared to 2020.
, indicate ≥10% increase in resistance rate compared to 2020.
- The figure refers to ACB complex including Acinetobacter baumannii, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Acinetobacter nosocomialis and Acinetobacter pitti.
- 19 wards : A4HD, B3HD, B6HD, B7HD, C2IC, C4HD, C6IC, C7HD, C7IC, E2IC, E5IA, K7HD, K8HD, K10A, K10B, K10C, K18H and K19C