Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong West Cluster
Table HKW-3. Antibiogram for isolates from ICU and HDU, HKW, 2017
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens from intensive care units and high dependency units. Interpreted according to CLSI. Nonsusceptilbe include both intermediate and resistant.
- Results for Enterobacteriaceae were interpreted according to CLSI M100-S20.
- Prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 23% for Klebsiella species, 37% for E.coli. ESBL-producing strains should be interpreted as resistant to all penicillins, cephalosporins and aztreonam.
- Test performed on non-urine isolates only.
- According to breakpoint for parenteral cefuroxime sodium.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in resistance rate compared to 2017.
, indicate ≥10% increase in resistance rate compared to 2017.
- The figure refers to ACB complex including Acinetobacter baumannii, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Acinetobacter nosocomialis and Acinetobacter pitti.
- 18 wards : A4HD, B6HD, B7HD, C2IC, C4HD, C7HD, C7IC, D4HD, E2IC, E5IA, E5IP, K7HD, K10A, K10B, K10C, K10D, K18H and K19C.
Abbreviation: Amp, Ampicillin; Amo, Amoxicillin Pip, Pipercillin; Tic, Ticaraillin; Cef, Cefoperazone