Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong West Cluster
Table HKW-3. Antibiogram for isolates from ICU and HDU, HKW, 2015
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens from intensive care units and high dependency units. Interpreted according to CLSI. Nonsusceptilbe include both intermediate and resistant.
- Results for Enterobacteriaceae were interpreted according to CLSI M100-S20.
- Prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 28% for Klebsiella species, 41% for E.coli. ESBL-producing strains should be interpreted as resistant to all penicillins, cephalosporins and aztreonam.
- Test performed on non-urine isolates only.
- According to breakpoint for parenteral cefuroxime sodium.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in resistance rate compared to 2014.
, indicate ≥10% increase in resistance rate compared to 2014.