Home > Antibiograms
Hong Kong East Cluster
Table HKE-1. Antibiogram for common bacterial isolates, Hong Kong East Cluster Hospitals, 2017
- Non-duplicate isolates from blood, urine and respiratory specimens. Interpreted according to CLSI. Nonsusceptible include both intermediate and resistant.
- Overall prevalance of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) were 26% for E. coli. and 12% for Klebsiella species.
- Nitrofurantoin: Susceptibility rate in urine isolates only.
- Non-duplicate isolates from respiratory specimens only.
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococci are resistant to all available beta-lactam antibiotics in PYNEH drug formulary, except CEFTAROLINE.
- GENTAMICIN is used only in combination with other active agents that test susceptible for staphylococcal infection.
- Test performed on non-urine isolates only.
- Enterococcus species: In general, susceptibility to AMPICILLIN can be used to perdict susceptibility to these antibiotics:
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia : The CLSI testing method has no agreed antibiotic zone size for Ceftazidime and Ticarcillin + clavulanate, the results therefore should be regarded as tentative.
, indicate 10% or more reduction in nonsusceptible rate compared to 2016.
, indicate 10% or more increase in nonsusceptible rate compared to 2016.
*% Penicillin resistant for S.pneumoniae: meningitis breakpoint (MIC ≤ 0.06) = 43%; non-meningitis breakpoint (MIC ≤ 2) = 6%. In S.pneumoniae, resisrance to azithromycin & clarithromycin can be predicted by testing erythromycin.