Home > Antibiograms
Table Baptist. Antibiogram for common Bacterial isolates, Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, 2017
- % resistance include both intermediate and resistant strains in which the antibiotic is generally not advised.
- According to oral breakpoint.
- Non-duplication of bacterial isolates from all kinds of specimens.
- The percentages of Escherichia coli (ESBL) and Klebsiella species (ESBL) in 2017 were 27.3% and 17.7% respectively.
- The percentages of MRSA and CA-MRSA in 2017 was respectively 22% and 6% of Staphylococcus aureus.
- For Streptococcus pneumoniae, % resistance for penicillin (non-meningitis breakpoint) at MIC > 2µg/mL = 3%.
- indicated 10% or more increase in resistant rate compared to 2017 figures.
- indicated 10% or more reduction in resistant rate compared to 2017 figures.